On May 27, on Saturday, the second round of the All-Ukrainian Olympiad "ROBOTICS" was held on the territory of the Odessa National Polytechnic University.
Organizers of the Olympiad were: the department of ONPU Institute of Computer Systems, leading IT companies: Kyivstar, Luxoft, IT-Cluster Odessa, and the Department of Education and Science of the Odessa City Council.
Teams-participants and their robots-machines competed on a complex track 50 meters long, built thanks to the support of Luxoft-Odessa, for the supremacy in the All-Ukrainian Olympiad. According to the rules of the competition, the team won, whose robot car drove on the track, where simultaneously there were 8 cars, the first 10 laps. The competition allowed those cars that passed the qualification tests the day before. So, as a result of these competitions, 14 teams were admitted to the final of the races.
Robots-cars that took part in the Olympics, have the opportunity to pass the track without the help of the driver, analyzing the traffic situation and determining the trajectory of traffic with the help of special recognition sensors. Thanks to these sensors, the robot machine can determine whether there are obstacles on the road, which way the next turn will take, etc.
The purpose of such competitions is to stimulate technical creativity and competitive spirit among the youth, to create a technical community, to popularize robotics among students of technical universities. Students participating in such competitions receive the skills of building an automated machine based on the models of machines of size 1:10-1:18, and also develop software for machine control.
Teams from such universities took part in the tour:
• Odessa National Polytechnic University
• Odessa National Academy of Telecommunications named after. O.S. Popova
• Odessa National Academy of Food Technologies
• Lviv National University. I.Franca
• National University "Lviv Polytechnic"
• Cherkasy State Technological University
• National Polytechnic University "Kharkov Polytechnic Institute"
• Kharkov National University of Radio Electronics
• National Aerospace University. N.Ye. Zhukovsky "Kharkiv Aviation Institute"
• Sumy State University
and participants of Belarusian universities:
• Minsk State Polytechnic College
• Brest State University named after ASPushkin
• Brest National Technical University.
Simultaneously with the Olympics, competitions and presentations of achievements in robotics among students of robotic studios in Odessa were held. Their participation diversified the competitions of students and showed that in Odessa there are talented children who in the future will continue the traditions of Odessa science.
See you at the next competition!